Saturday, December 22, 2012

Saturday Quotes


I don't know why, but quotes really are just something I love, have always loved, and always will.

I don't know if it is because of the truths they speak or words they express. I don't know if it is because of how they can punch one short meaning into a sentence so small. I don't know if it is just because they are so beautiful. But they touch me, heart and soul, and I can't escape them.

 
 
"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive - it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for the imagination then, would there? But am I talking to much? People are always telling me I do. Would you rather I didn't talk? If you say so I'll stop. I CAN stop when I make up my mind to it, although it's difficult."
~ L.M Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
 
 
“Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent”
~ Victory Hugo
 
 
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
~ J. R. R. Tolkien
 
 
 
 
 
"Make the most of yourself........for that is all there is of you."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
 
"Never dull your shine for someone else."
~ Tyra Banks
 
 
"You are you! Now isn't that pleasant!"
~ Dr. Seuss 
"Writing is an intesely interesting art. It's also dangerous. Once you start, it is incredibly hard to stop."
~ Anonymous
 
 
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
~ Mae West
 
“Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
~ G. K. Chesterton
 
 
“It's delightful when your imaginations come true, isn't it?”
~ L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


"The saddest words of tongue and pen are those that might have been."
~ John Greenleaf Whittier
 
  

 


1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I love this one best: "Make it happen. Shock everyone." That's my aim in life. (So far...I'm doing the *shocking* part right, but the *making* part is WIP). Quotes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete